Tuesday, January 14, 2003

For Caroline:



So far this week has been pretty swank, as far as going to class goes. We didn't have our documentary class yesterday; we meet for the first time tomorrow. So I've had writing the thriller and Roman civilization thus far, and they both seem like they're going to be fun. I like history; I was hoping to take history of Medieval Europe this semester but the scheduling didn't work out, alas. And right now I'm pondering the idea of setting a thriller in a post-nuclear apocalypse world. Not very post, though. Like, the dust has settled and my movie starts. I'll have to brainstorm a bit more, though, if I want to do that or do a supernatural thriller.

My CD player had been annoying me since the airplane. A little hold icon was showing up in the display, and I couldn't pause, skip songs, fast forward, or even turn it off without popping a battery out. I thought it had punked out on me and I'd have to go get a new one. I kept hitting the program button, but to no avail.

Today, in what has to be one of the strongest epiphanies I've ever had, I remembered there's a switch down by volume that says: "HOLD--ON--OFF." It was on "ON." I switched it over to "OFF." The situation has improved.

Song Recommendation: The Easy Beats, "Friday on My Mind." I rather like this song; my dad requested it for one of his CDs I made before break but I never actually listened to it until I gave the CD to him and he played it one day.

0 comments: