Friday, February 21, 2003

Stupid shins. One of the producers and I started a running program, to be more of the thinner, and we started out too hard, and my shins protested against all the impact. They said, and quite loudly, "OUCH." So tonight we went to the gym on campus, and I did the elliptical machine (which kicked my ass) and the recumbent bike. My legs feel funny. Not ouchy, per se, just...wobbly. I'd like to see some actual results sometime soon (jeans, I'm looking at you...), but I feel better, which I guess is what ultimately counts.

We're nearing the end of principal photography, which kind of makes me sad. I like the crew, and I like getting out of the city on the weekends, and I've honestly enjoyed meeting all the subjects. Making a documentary is a great way to learn more about people in a way you might not otherwise. I certainly wouldn't have ever spoken to Lois, the 80-year old woman who lost a fiancé in World War II, moved to Greece to be a teacher, was a passenger on the first hijacked plane in history, and decided to not have children because she didn't want to create a human being who could be sent off to war. She is just an amazing woman; we talked afterwards about just making a documentary on her. I think we're actually interviewing her again this weekend, which is great.

Buffy? Shut up. Where do you get off telling Willow and Spike they need to tap into the scary, evil darkness inside them that they're both worried about, and then turn around and refuse the same darkness that would make you stronger? Spike, please fall in love with someone else. Faith, Willow, Andrew, I don't care. I want you to be happy, dude, but I don't want to see you with someone I am getting close to actively hating. I think this may be the first time I've ever felt such negativity towards the lead character of anything. Way to screw up your protagonist, Mutant Enemy.

Kim? You know that voice in your head that sounds like the robot from "Lost in Space?" When it starts beeping and flailing its arms and goes, "Danger! Danger, Kim Bauer!" don't just sit on the couch, or go with the Deliverance!Man to his bomb shelter. Run. Away. And. Take. Your. Boobs. With. You.

Jack? You're pretty. Go find Nina. Have some angry sex. Make me proud.

0 comments: