Monday, February 24, 2003

Well, I was afraid this would happen. We're having some serious tension in the crew. The director isn't quite sure about the direction of the film, we're running out of shooting weekends, and she's starting to unravel a bit. There have been two (2) crying episodes. The editors have decided that they don't need to listen to us, the humble sound crew, and went behind our backs to the director to have her do something that we specifically told them not to do. (In essence, we put a radio mike on the director so we record her questions. They want to radio mike the subjects. The radio mike is not as good as the boom mike, we told them this, they don't care. So now we're going to have to have the sound professor intervene. Not a good time.)

So, this weekend, although I wasn't on set much, was slightly uncomfortable, and class this morning was weird. No one was talking to each other, I don't think I said a single word to anyone on the crew, nor was one said to me. So I'm not sure what we're going to do about it.

I'm constantly amused by native Los Angelenos. It's around sixty degrees outside today. It's overcast, and there's a slight breeze. And people are walking around in coats and scarves. Hello? It's not cold.

0 comments: