Thursday, March 27, 2003

We're playing Duke right now. I'm so nervous.

Buffy was great this week. Of course, that's because it had lots of Spike in it. I love Spike, he is such a great character. When I first heard the spoilers, I was kind of skeeved. Turning his own mom? Oedipal stuff? But it turned out brilliantly, and it made so much sense for his character. Having his mother, whom he loved so much he wanted her to be with him through all eternity, tell him quite frankly how sick she was of him, how she couldn't wait to get away from him--it's clear now where his huge need to love and be loved in return came from. But what I loved most was the knowledge he gained from remembering and dealing with his painful memories: his mother did love him, he is worthy of love. Now, as for the non-Spike parts: Buffy, just kiss him already. Wood, just die already. Giles, stop being ambiguously evil-esque already.

I so don't want to go to school anymore. We signed up for sound editing slots yesterday. Each slot is three hours long. Now, for our first two "practice" weeks, we signed up for six slots a week, which is pretty much what I did when I was real editing last semester. The three real weeks we edit? Fifteen (15) slots a week. That's forty-five (45) hours a week. While still going to class. Now, they kept telling us, you may not need to use all fifteen (15) slots a week, but just go ahead and sign up for them in case. I want to go cry somewhere. I knew we would have to spend some time editing since the film is 24 minutes long, but I had no idea it would be this much time.

Come on, KU. Please make it to the Elite 8. Please. Do it for me.

0 comments: