I feel like I'm living in the end times.
There is a lot of smoke in the Los Angeles area, in case you haven't heard. Because of fires, apparently. The smoke is so pervasive that the quality of light reaching the LA Basin has changed; the sun is a different color, and one can look at it directly without any problems. Throughout the entire day, even at noon, the light is like it is during magic hour, that brief time before dusk. It was this strange, sickly orange-ish light; everything was dim and odd looking. Not only that, the smoke makes my contacts dry and irritated, and the air smells funny (-ier than usual).
I was distressed by the sun, more than anything. The sun on a normal day kind of freaks me out, just in general. But today it was all wrong. After twenty-one (21) years of life, I'm fairly familiar with what the sun should look like, but today it was just so bizarre, it creeped me out. Exceedingly so. I did not like being outside, able to see the strange, wrong sun.
*shudders*
0 comments:
Post a Comment