This was an interesting past couple of days. George Lucas came to the Star Wars class Wednesday night, and he was just as terse and laconic as you might expect. No one dared ask a serious question, so everything we heard was pretty much what one could read in any Lucas article or book. He spoke a lot about digital (he actually worked with Sony and Panavision to get 24 fps digital cameras for the film world, as opposed to the 30 fps digital cameras you and I, lowly peons, use for our home movies), about special effects (they're just a tool to tell the story, he says), and about his future plans (less Star Wars, more American Grafitti-esque stuff). It was cool, but not as exciting as I had hoped.
One of my actors was hospitalized for the flu, so we got a week-long extension on our final scene. Which is nice, since I really did not want to shoot immediately before Turkey Day Weekend, and then come back and edit after the break. I like to shoot, and then edit, like, the next day, while it's all still fresh. This also means that my final scene is no longer due the day as my final Star Wars paper, a fact that fills me with much joy and relief.
New movie rec at the side. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. I have brand new love for James Spader. Quite interesting.
0 comments:
Post a Comment