Friday, December 12, 2003

Sarah brought up the problems with answering essay prompts that don't really apply to you at all. I was working on my USC grad school application, and one of the prompts was, "Autobiographical character sketch: write about the process of becoming who you are." And quite honestly, there was no process. I've always been me. So rather than come up with something to fit the prompt...I just wrote that. Hi, I'm Shannon, and have always been, and there's been no process, no life-altering events, nothing fancy or exciting or cool or tragic, just a fairly boring and content life. That's about it. But seriously, I hate essay prompts like that. They're so clichéd and stupid. I honestly couldn't think of any way to subvert that prompt, but for, "Most intensely emotional moment of your life?" That's right, folks. I wrote about Return of the King. Hee.

0 comments: