I sit in psychology lecture for an hour and a half (1.5hrs) twice a week for amazing wisdom like this: "A bird in a genetic deme will end up mating with close relatives, like his mother. In the marine corps we had a phrase for that: an incestuous individual." I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head, disgusted. Or both.
Work is dragging along today. I still have over an hour to go, and it feels like I've been here forever. It just flew by last night. I don't understand. Odd, how time works. Although really, I should enjoy the fact that time is going by slowly. It's like Dunbar in Catch 22; he doesn't want to die, so he postpones death by doing the most boring things possible, so that his days are long. It's an interesting philosophy. Anytime my dad and I are stuck somewhere boring like that, complaining, one of us will say, "Hey, Dunbar," and that puts a good perspective on it. I think.
My first assignment in my writing class is an opinion piece on a motion picture. Hee. Wonder what I'll write about?
0 comments:
Post a Comment