Friday, April 30, 2004

I'm at work, and I was talking to a friend of mine, and we brainstormed some possibilities if my finagling next week falls through, which I'm pretty sure it will.

--Go home for a year, work and earn lots of money, apply to grad programs for next fall (as deadlines for spring have already passed), and not just at USC this time.

--Go home for the summer, find a place to live out here, come back in the fall, get a regular job out here, apply to various grad programs.

--Go home for the summer, find a place to live out here, come back in the fall, get a regular job out here, just start the working. Write, try to get an agent, intern, do script coverage, try to get in with a sound post-house someplace, whatever.

--Stay in my apartment and refuse to leave until they admit me. Like a treehugger. But without a tree. Well, I've got the fake tree with the Christmas lights strung on it. That might work.

But yo, I'm still planning on going over to the department on Monday and being all, "Dude. I have totally already been given a TA-ship. Did you not see who my letters came from? I can get more faculty over here to sing my praises. I own. You have to let me in. Do it. Do it. Do it."

current mood: quixotic
listening to: Apocalyptica, "Path"

0 comments: