Monday, April 26, 2004

Okay, so last night was, like, the worst night of sleep I have gotten in a very long time. First off, my mind was all running around crazy and it refused to settle down. I kept tossing and turning. Then, I finally dozed off and was immediately wakened by a charlie horse in my leg that was excruciatingly painful. I flung myself out of bed, hobbled to the living room, and then hobbled around more violently in there for at least five minutes (which doesn't sound long, but is a very long time when you have muscles that won't relax at three (3) in the morning (am). All of this I could have handled. The worst, though, was the ungodly (not of God) temperature in the apartment. It is so hot. I moved aside all of the covers and had my oscillating fan blowing right on me and it still wasn't enough. I was puzzled by this until I got up this morning and turned on my computer. Then, it all became clear. Down in the toolbar was this:

100

That's right. It's one hundred (100) degrees in Los Angeles. If you double that (and, erm, add twelve degrees), you can boil water. The temperature is half boiled water! It is lukewarm tea hot outside! Again, I feel this is not of the Lord (unlordly).

current mood: hot
listening to: Morrissey, "Irish Blood, English Heart"

0 comments: