Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This morning, I experienced my first honest-to-God thunderstorm down here in Austin, which was very exciting. Real, cracking thunder, heavy rain; the fun was slightly marred by the constant braying of a hundred car alarms. Car alarms don't really work. When you hear one, you don't think, "Oh my God, someone's breaking into a car!" You think, "Oh my God, someone walked past a car!"

I'm coming home and I get on the bus, and it's pretty crowded, but right in front of the door is a girl sitting against the window with her bag in the aisle seat. I ask her if I can sit there, and she glares at me, and then moves her bag without saying a word. I'm having a good day, so it was amusing rather than being annoying; like hell I'm going to stand so that you don't have to have the inconvenience of moving your bag to the floor (or, God forbid, your lap). I mean, what did she expect? I managed to not laugh in her face, though, so that worked out.

You know on the Colbert Report, his sign of people who are dead to him? Mitch Hurwitz is on mine.

0 comments: