Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I finally got around to making my first soup from the cookbook that Caroline sent me, and it was lovely; a light vegetable broth with parmesan dumplings. I made the broth myself, added more fresh veggies, and it came out more soup than broth, which is fine by me. The dumplings were wonderful; very light and elegant and they added just the right note of flavor. Yay soup!

Yay, it's only getting up to about 92 today. We had a thunderstorm last night that also knocked down some of the humidity, so I'm in a much happier mood than I've been the past few days. Hee, Alyssa and I were talking last night about blogging about the weather, but seriously, it is something I think about a lot.

I want to change my bedroom around, but there's no way to do it based on where my cable and internet are. It's frustrating. I want to make a scale model of the room, along with scale cords, just to see if there's anything I can do, but that will probably have to wait until the semester is over, as that's quite the geeky/time consuming project.

0 comments: