This past week I watched Passion Fish, as I make my slow but inexorable way through the works of Mary McDonnell. I liked the movie quite a bit, which was surprising as I'm not the biggest John Sayles fan. It's about a soap actress (MMD) who is paralyzed from the waist down in a car accident and goes back home to Louisiana; Alfre Woodard plays her nurse/companion, and it's a quiet little movie that mostly explores the friendship between the two women. When I was finished with it, I was like, how the hell did MMD not win the Oscar for Best Actress that year? How? Who could have possibly beaten her? (Meaning: she was completely awesome.) So I looked it up...and it was Emma Thompson. Which, like...I can't really argue with that. Because then I would be complaining about Emma Thompson having not won. If ever there were a year for a tie, seriously.
My family adopted a Wheaten terrier puppy they've already named Winston Churchill. (Churchhill? They both look wrong.) Apparently he's frolicking about in the backyard right now, suspiciously watched by Mr. Phoenix. I'm glad I only have to wait six days before I get to see the puppy; yay mini-break!
0 comments:
Post a Comment