I have some piano sheet music laying on top of my keyboard, and I happened to glance that way earlier today when I was making my bed, and my first thought was, "Why do I have something written in Arabic printed out?"
This is where my brain is today.
Today I'm writing pages for my third draft of serial killer movie, and new pages for the first draft of King Arthur movie. Next week, I'll be doing all that, plus new pages for adaptation of domestic violence movie. And teaching. And the Austin Film Festival, wot we are expected to go to (panels, screenings). And working. And sleeping? Mayhap.
Which is not to say that things are bad. I was much more depressed and despondent this summer, after my one class ended, and all I had was internship twice a week. I much prefer having things to do, structure, deadlines. It's a little much right now, but once I get the third draft done my world will open up just a little bit.
4 comments:
Is the Austin film festival South By Southwest?
SXSW is in Austin, but it's not the same thing as the AFF. (I think SXSW is a musical festival? I don't know.)
The cool thing about the AFF is that it's geared towards screenwriting, so that's what most of the panels deal with.
I'm pretty sure SXSW is film. That'll be fun to go to, anyway.
Oh, and I know what you mean about being happier with structure. I'm the same way.
I guess they had it last year. I don't remember it at all. AFF is enough of a festival commitment for me right now, heh.
I could use a tiny bit less structure right now, but yeah.
Post a Comment