Went to the Drafthouse last night to see Battlestar on the big screen, which was quite fun. Geek nirvana! It was very exciting to see Crack!Ship up there, all big and shiny, with a theater full of fans. Although sadly my predictions of what Crack!Ship would entail were negated last night. (No Chip!Roslin in Baltar's head; just a crazy dream. Although what the dream says about Baltar is quite interesting...)
Yesterday was a bit of a day off, even though I did have a script meeting with my professor. He gave me some good notes, so that's part of what I need to work on before I turn my draft in next Thursday. Speaking of which, my professor's girlfriend is apparently going to be directing my reading; she came up to me at the pitch session to introduce herself and tell me how much she liked serial killers. (Hee.) I knew she was an actress, but I hadn't given it much thought before I found out she was going to be my director. I went to look her up on IMDB, and she's done a lot of TV guest stuff, which was pretty neat, until I scrolled down some more. And found out she played Det. White in Szygzy. AHA. I don't have S3 on DVD, so I'm downloading just that ep to watch, since I haven't seen it in years. This is amusing me far too much. (It is a strange kind of cosmic coincidence I'd like to go back and tell 14 year-old me.)
3 comments:
I need to find those kind of geek outings. I'm sure they're somewhere in Columbus. That sounds like a lot of fun!
OMG! Detective White! That's so delightfully random! The 14-year-old me would mail you a photo to have her autograph, but the 21-year-old me can't find any stamps.
(I'm kidding.)
Det. White is directing your reading! That is totally fabulous.
(The sad thing is, I would totally have gone up to that woman and been like, OMG DETECTIVE WHITE. I have seen Syzygy wayyyy too many times.)
Well, I didn't recognize her when we first met; it was very brief. However, I do plan on telling her that I remember that, and ask her what it was like jumping the Duchov. :)
Post a Comment