Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My last blog post of the year! When my dad used to tell me, when I was little, that time moved faster the older you got, I didn't believe him. Unfortunately, it's true. I was thinking last night that this spring, it will have been two years since I graduated from UT, and that's just...crazy.

I don't want to get old. :(

Books
66. Just After Sunset, Stephen King. 12-6.
67. Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America’s Most Elusive Serial Killer Revealed, Robert Graysmith. 12-7.
68. The Reality Dysfunction Part Two: Expansion, Peter F. Hamilton. 12-17.
69. Ad Infinitum: A Biography of Latin, Nicholas Oster. 12-17.
70. Wolf and Iron, Gordon R. Dickson. 12-29.

Movies
39. Run Fatboy Run (2007). 12-7.
40. Good Night, and Good Luck (2005). 12-9.
41. The King of Kong (2007). 12-20.
42. Horror of Dracula (1958). 12-20.
43. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). 12-27.
44. Mamma Mia! (2008). 12-30.

Obviously I did not meet my movies goal, but I found that this meme has been less about me trying to reach some arbitrary number, and more a way for me to keep track of things that are very important to me. I think in the coming year, I will do the third part of this meme, which is to keep track of episodes of scripted TV.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Yeah, time really does speed up, and it sucks, and I don't want to get old, either.

I am totally going to start keeping track of TV episodes, movies, and books starting tomorrow, just to see how much I consume of all of those things in a year. I predict: epic loads of TV, low-to-moderate number of books, low-to-moderate number of movies. There is DEFINITELY no way I'll see 100 movies in a year. I don't even think I see 25 new ones a year, ha!

Catherine said...

Oooh! Did you like Mamma Mia and Run, Fatboy, Run? Those are both on my list at the moment.

Shannon said...

Laura and I were profoundly underwhelmed by Mamma Mia. I had heard that it was, like, amazing, and fantastic, and we were just, like, vaguely embarrassed by the whole thing. It had its moments, and it was kind of entertaining? Laura said it felt like Bollywood, and I completely agree.

Run, Fatboy, Run was cute, but not as funny as Sarah had led me to believe. I mean, I liked it, but I don't think I'll watch it again for some time. Dylan Moran is great, though.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought Mama Mia was sort of fun in a campy way, but everything about it was like BAD - the choreography, Pierce Brosnan's singing.