Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last night, Kansas played Missouri on Big Monday. It was kind of a big deal. They've really improved this year, making the rivalry mean something more (it's less fun if you just clobber them all the time). We needed to win to stay tied with Oklahoma on top of the Big 12. We're ranked #16 and #19 respectively, so a win helps overall RPI a lot. We held them to only 16 points in the first half, and had a 14 point lead going into halftime. Everyone was feeling pretty good.

Then, we started the second half, and Laura and I had to go find booze.

Even though we managed to scrape back up a double digit lead after a Missouri run brought them to within three, KU ended up squandering the lead, missing free throws, committing stupid fouls, and MU won the game at the buzzer.

This gif is the best way to sum up my feelings.



I don't know whom I'm directing it towards, Kansas or Missouri. Both, probably. Some times when your teams loses, you're just sad. You mope, and maybe even cry a little if it was a big enough game (like when we lost to Syracuse in the 2003 Championship). But sometimes, you get really angry. Like, if I saw Sherron Collins today? I'd be like, "YOU STUPID PAB, QUIT GOING END TO END, THERE ARE FOUR OTHER GUYS ON THE TEAM WITH YOU, THREE FRAKKING CARRIES, WHAT THE HELL GOD."

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Um, I love that GIF a lot.

That is all.

Shannon said...

I know. It's magical. I've never watched a single minute of Entourage, but I love that gif (and another one I have of Piven clearly yelling "GET. THE FUCK. OUT.") like nothing else.

In fact, I just love gifs. You can pretty much gif anything and I will love it.