The first tornado of the season! This one was just an F1, but it touched down not much more than five miles to the west of us, and was headed our way before it ran into cooler air and dissipated. We didn't get much more than some heavy wind and rain, but my Grandpa got hail, which is always fun. It's storming again right now, but the lightning's a ways off, so we didn't have to shut down all the computers, which is always a hassle. Better to be cautious, though, as I definitely do not want my computer and hard drive to be fried. That would majorly suck.
This has been a hell of a weekend. Bought new carpet for the bedroom, unloaded it, decided it needed paint, painted it, laid down new carpet, went through clothes and closet stuff, threw away a ton of stuff, packed up a ton of stuff to give to Goodwill, finally got things settled today after starting on Thursday and pretty much working from morning to night. It's amazing how much random, useless crap can get shoved into what is relatively so small a space. I kept looking at the bags piling up all, where did this come from? How did it all fit in there? I did find some treasures, including the Battlestar DVD that's been missing for over a year (not a big deal, as it's the one with Black Market), and a few other odds and ends that I'd assumed had gotten thrown away at some point or another over the years. I'm not much of a pack rat, but there are still some things that I did end up hanging on to, like my keys from high school and old magazines. Still, I'm totally tired and hope I don't get called in tomorrow so I can spend a day not hustling up and down the length of my house two hundred times.
3 comments:
They kept saying we would get scary awful thunderstorms yesterday, but they never did come.
Is this the usual time for tornado season, or is this a bit early for you guys?
It seems a bit early, but that's because I keep forgetting that we're almost into May. It's maybe two or three weeks before we usually enter into the daily cycle of storms.
Good news, though; last night cut out the humidity a bit more permanently, and it's been lovely and cool all day. Of course, I was stuck inside all day working, so.
Figures.
Heh, I remember telling a friend once how Kansas was supposed to have all of these tornadoes all of the time, but I had a friend who lived in Kansas, and she'd only ever experienced one or two. Still, scary.
Post a Comment