Monday, April 13, 2009

Laura decided that yesterday was my grandpa's Best Day Ever. He went out to my Uncle Paul's for Easter lunch and had ham. He came out to our house for Easter dinner and had turkey. The Royals won, and he got to watch The Masters. He had four different desserts. Really, if he'd only won the lottery, too, it would have been the Best Day Ever For Anyone, I think.

I always find big holiday meals to be anticlimactic. You prepare and cook for hours and hours, often starting a day or two before, and it takes, like, less than an hour to eat, tops. Then you spend more time doing dishes than it took you to sit down and eat. Then you don't feel good, and dessert always comes too soon. It was kind of a blah day, especially since it was around 40 and drizzling ice-cold rain the entire time; let me tell you, I am so COMPLETELY DONE, I don't even know what to say. It's cold and wet again today, I can't tell if I'm just stuffed up or if I'm developing another cold, and I slept poorly last night and now feel very spacey and tired. At least I'm only working a half day.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

It was very cold and windy for us yesterday, too. Luckily I didn't get called in to work at all on Sunday though.

It is theoretically supposed to be all sunny and near 60s/actual 60s gorgeous this week here, but...I'll believe it when I actually see it. It was 29 when I left my house this morning, so.

Catherine said...

Mm-hm. 40s and rainy here. I give up.