Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 06 - Favorite episode of your favorite TV show.

Since I had two favorite shows, I had to pick two favorite episodes.



Post-Modern Prometheus! I really don't know what to say about it that I haven't already. It's pretty much perfect. I love the following: black and white cinematography, Cher, the Frankenstein take-off, message of acceptance, dancing, Cher, "What's not to love?", John O'Hurley, Mulder getting drugged, Cher, and dancing.



This episode, you guys. There isn't a moment that I feel like fast-forwarding, a beat that feels wrong, a single actor that isn't at the top of their game. The action is so well-paced, the special effects are amazing, the music is perfectionary. And the last seven minutes are killer - I never fail to get a little misty at Tigh and Starbuck's just numbed reactions being back on the Galactica. When Bill tells Tigh, "You did it. You brought them home," and Tigh chokes out, "Not all of them," that's pretty much the theme of the show.

6 comments:

Holly said...

The New Caprica story arc is definitely my favorite. (And the Galactica jumping in and out of the atmosphere... awesome.)

Shannon said...

I know - that part never fails to give me chills. We went to see this episode at the Drafthouse on the big screen, and it's amazing how well the effects hold up even blown up like that. Seeing the two Exodus episodes with an audience was a better film experience than probably 75% of actual features I've seen in a theater.

Holly said...

That would be so amazing. ::jealouses::

SleepyGirl said...

::: squeee :::

Post-Modern Prometheus!! Crap, this post reminds me of how really freaking long it has been since I watched an episode of X-Files.

(Except for Bad Blood, which weirdly enough is one of my comfort views every time I'm sick, along with War Stories from Firefly, and the entire series of Fruits Basket.)

Shannon said...

Bad Blood runs a very, veeeeeerrrry close second, let me tell you.

Catherine said...

Jeez, I'm not sure if I could decide between Bad Blood and PMP. Or Pusher. Or Small Potatoes. Or...gaaaah, like four others.