New April Media.
Books
16. Antony and Cleopatra, Colleen McCullough. 4-6.
17. Anansi Boys, Neil Gaiman. 4-11.
18. The Children of Men, P.D. James. 4-15.
19. Mindhunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. 4-21.
20. Beauty, Robin McKinley. 4-25.
21. All Together Dead, Charlaine Harris. 4-26.
Movies
13. Zombieland (2009). 4-1.
14. Bright Star (2009). 4-5.
15. In the Loop (2009). 4-10.
16. How To Train Your Dragon (2010). 4-20.
17. Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death. 4-24.
Television Episodes
142. Babylon 5 - 1x21 - “The Quality of Mercy.” 4-1.
143. Babylon 5 - 1x22 - “Chrysalis.” 4-2.
144. Babylon 5 - 2x01 - “Points of Departure.” 4-2.
145. Babylon 5 - 2x02 - “Revelations.” 4-2.
146. Babylon 5 - 2x03 - “The Geometry of Shadows.” 4-3.
147. Babylon 5 - 2x04 - “A Distant Star.” 4-4.
148. Glee - 1x14 - “Hell-o.” 4-13.
149. Modern Family - 1x19 - “Benched.” 4-14.
150. The Office - 6x07 - “Koi Pond.” 4-15.
151. Babylon 5 - 2x05 - “The Long Dark.” 4-19.
152. Glee - 1x15 - “The Power of Madonna.” 4-21.
153. The Office - 6x20 - “Secretary’s Day.” 4-23.
154. 30 Rock - 4x17 - “Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter.” 4-23.
155. 30 Rock - 4x18 - “Khonani.” 4-24.
156. Glee - 1x16 - “Home.” 4-27.
157. Modern Family - 1x20 - “Travels with Scott.” 4-28.
158. The Office - 6x21- “Body Language.” 4-29.
159. 30 Rock - 4x19 - “Argus.” 4-29.
160. Fringe - 2x11 - “Unearthed.” 4-30.
Less new TV this month, for a couple reasons. One, I was writing a lot, or coming home and reading instead of watching TV. Two, I rewatched a lot of TV - Caprica, S1 of Terminator, the highlights of S3 of BSG. Three, I decided that it's not that big a deal if I don't make 500 new episodes, same as I won't get to 100 new movies; it's just a list, a way of keeping track, and I like that part of it, not so much the specific number.
8 comments:
Ooh, what did you think of In the Loop and Wallace & Gromit? I think both are in my queue.
In the Loop was very funny, although not what I expected (for some reason I thought it took place in an airport terminal, and was not political? I have no idea - it took some getting used to, so I think I missed a lot of the beginning because I was confused, as per usual) - Tom Hollander is AMAZING and I LOVE HIM.
Wallace and Gromit was really short, and a little predictable (I kept waiting for the twist), but there were some great gags, and the animation was really smooth.
Lol, so what did you think of Beauty? ("Meh" is an acceptable answer.) Also, what did you think of Anansi Boys? I haven't actually read any Neil Gaiman yet, and I'm curious.
Hee, I finally read Beauty. My library system didn't have it, and I have a hard time reading long things on the computer anymore, so I finally found a copy at Half Price Books a couple weeks ago.
I liked it! I would have liked to have seen the Beast be a little more Beasty - he was pretty much wonderful and sweet and kind throughout, so there wasn't much of an arc for him - and I was a little disappointed that Beauty actually ended up being a Beauty in the end - I liked that what the Beast was attracted to in her was her intelligence and personality, and not that she looked like a princess. But it was a very enjoyable read, and some lovely imagery. Thank you for the rec!
Yeah -- Beauty was McKinley's first book, and the ending is almost disappointingly traditional. She gets more daring later on, and in fact rewrote Beauty and the Beast again with an ending where the beast actually never becomes human (which, honestly, wigged me out a bit).
Ooo, love that ending. Will find that book, for sure. I was the kid who had crushes on Scrooge McDuck and the fox Robin Hood and, well, the beast Beast from the show with Linda Hamilton.
It's called Rose Daughter. In general I didn't think it was quite as well written, but it was an interesting ending. Completely different from anything else she's written though is Sunshine, which is set in a more modernish setting and has sex and swearing and vampires. It's really good.
Oh, I'll definitely check more of her stuff out. I really liked her style of writing.
Post a Comment