Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I made a big post about the Buffy musical episode "Once More, With Feeling" over here, if anyone cares.  Also, you can reply on LJ posts if you sign in with OpenID - it's just your login from Google or another of those kinds of sites.  Again, if anyone cares.

Flesh and Blood didn't make it to the semis at AFF.  Didn't get a letter for Fall River (I would have been called by now, so I'm not thinking it made it.).  I...have not been happy with the way they've done things this year.  First of all, why are they still mailing out actual letters?  Just email people.  Secondly, we got an email way back in August or late July telling us we'd get an email notification of whether or not we'd advanced on September 2nd; the day came and went with no email whatsoever.  I finally had to Google for like half an hour before I found the AFF Facebook page, where several people had asked the same question.  A staff member didn't answer till the next day.  I just kind of find that sort of thing to be really unprofessional.  Whatev.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh! I'm totally going to start regularly reading your LJ now. Although, I wouldn't be the best reader for B5 fanfic, since I've never seen the show. Aw. It's cool that you're getting into a fan community again.

The Buffy post was pretty. That's actually the one full episode of Buffy I've seen. (Also, I love that you can have different icons for every post.)

Wait, can you recap the contests for me? There's AFF, Nicholl, and ASC? Right?

Shannon said...

I love posting with all my icons. I've been too lazy to change them here, heh.

Haha, like I would ever expect anyone to read fanfic for a show they don't watch! That would just be...kinda pointless? I don't know; I've never tried to read fanfic for a show I'm not familiar with.

I made it to the quarters at Nicholl but didn't make it to the semis; I didn't make it to the semis at AFF (they don't have a quarters cut-off). I am a finalist in the ASC. (I also didn't make anything at Scriptapalooza, boo.)

SleepyGirl said...

Oh my God, Shannon -- how am I supposed to focus on life, when I have that Spike Look to gaze at!?

Set as background... now!

(Also, how sad is it that I've read fic for things I've never seen? I started reading BSG fics *months* before Holly roped me into the series, mainly because it kept crossing over with my beautiful Star Trek ones....)

Shannon said...

Ha! Yeah, I may have sometimes just sat and watching it play over and over and over again...

I have read fic for shows I haven't watched if it's crossover fic, definitely. It's like...an introduction or something.

Any Star Trek recs, by chance?

Holly said...

At least you made finals for ASC, that's pretty awesome. :) I'll have to check out your LJ occasionally, too.

Shannon said...

Honestly, my LJ so far has been about 90% Babylon 5 focused, so. You know. I mostly just didn't want to reformat that whole post to do it here, heh. But you're always welcome!

SleepyGirl said...

One that I was enjoying just finished a few months ago -- Atlas, at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5344838/1/Atlas.

It's a little meandery in some parts, and there's not nearly enough smut, but it's got pretty solid writing throughout. It's the new movie verse, though -- don't know if you're into that. ;)