Friday, January 31, 2003

Okay, so I call over to the degree place before noon today so that I can pick up the finished paperwork and go over to registration. Finally. I walk over to the degree place and tell the lady at the front desk that I'm here to pick up paperwork. She looks in the folder. It's not there. She looks again. It's still not there. The woman I talked to on the phone is at lunch. I go sit down. Forty-five minutes pass. A new lady comes to the front desk. She asks me what's up. I tell her. She calls registration and they tell her that they can just fax the paperwork to them and I can go on my merry way.

Except that my advisor gave me clearance for the wrong classes. We both look at the computer. Yep, he wrote down the wrong section numbers on my registration paper. The woman I talked to on the phone comes back from break. She had filed my paperwork in the "R" folder. I have been at this place for an hour. All I had to do was pick up a single piece of paper. They call my advisor and tell him he screwed up. Except, no he didn't! The degree place was accessing the wrong semester on their computer! Oh ho ho, that's so funny! I take my paperwork and register and walk back. I hate this school.

0 comments: