Sunday, February 2, 2003

Yesterday was swell at points, not so swell at others. The swell parts: We went up to Santa Barbara, about a three hour drive from LA, to interview a group called No Kidding as they went from winery to winery on a wine tasting day of fun. The group was actually very antagonistic and defensive, which made for uncomfortable interviews, but great material. We can so make them look like the biggest jerks, and it fills me with joy. More importantly, however, we just got out of the city for a change. It really is beautiful country up there; wide open spaces, wooded areas, rolling hills. The weather was perfect; it was around 60 degrees, crisp and cool, and it smelled like autumn.

We decided, after we were done shooting, to go to a winery ourselves. I have to say, I don't really like wine all that much. The white wines were okay, but the red wines were far too acidic for me. But it was still a neat experience. I'm really glad we went, even if we end up not using any of the footage.

Not swell stuff posted here

0 comments: