Saturday, September 13, 2003

Caroline and I just got back from seeing "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." I feel this movie is best described by merely providing a list of things contained therein. Ahem.

-Guitars that explode. Guitars that shoot bullets. Guitars that knock people unconscious.

-A grand total of three missing eyeballs.

-A bugged chihuahua.

-Willem Dafoe's doppelganger.

-A prosthetic arm designed to hold silverware.

-Enrique Iglesias.

All told, this was an...interesting film, but one that I felt was hurt by the fact that one man (Robert Rodriguez) wrote, directed, shot, edited and scored the entire film. The film was utterly incomprehensible. It looked pretty, and there were cool action things, but I have no idea what happened. Also, eye sockets? Always disturbing, never a good time.

Addendum: Blogspot won't let me put in an umlaut above the "a" in "doppelganger." Which is stupid. I feel like emailing them about the inability for one to correctly type words that have roots in languages that use accents. Stupid Blogspot.

0 comments: