Hate flying. HATE. Hate homework. HATE. Love Turkey Day Weekend. LOVE. So it all evened out. Like Caroline, I have eaten massive amounts of pie. Actually, I believe that I am now forty-two (42) percent (%) pie. Slap some Cool Whip on my head and call me Dessert! (I don't know.)
Watched TTT EE this weekend. First watched the straight up movie. Awesome. Forgot how much I adore the end of Helm's Deep, with Theoden and Aragorn riding out all triumphant and suicidal, only to see Gandalf at the top of that hill with the Rohirrim, then the calvary riding down with the music swelling in the backbround, and the sun rising in the Uruk-hais' eyes just as Gandalf yells and rides into the swarm, and...and...sigh. Just magnificent. Also, Gollum? Love him. Watched the featurette on Andy Serkis and how they created Gollum, and it's just incredible. George Lucas had the opportunity to do something like this with Jar Jar Binks, but he blew it, and just did this cartoonish joke of a character, which wasn't even that technically great. Gollum is so intricately realized, so perfectly crafted, so wonderfully a part of the overall LOTR world. Then, watched the featurettes on WETA, who did the armor, and the weaponry, and the miniatures, and the various sets, and Treebeard, among other things. It's so amazing. I can't describe it. Just go watch it.
Did I mention that I hate homework? HATE?
0 comments:
Post a Comment