Saturday, January 31, 2004

Sometimes when I'm alone in the apartment, I get freaked out, because Caroline's Jon Stewart screensaver watches me, and it's creepy. Quit eyeballing me, Jon.

Downloaded ROTK. (Viewings = 5) I was very impressed by how high-quality an illegal recording it was. Excellent sound quality, and after about the first reel I didn't even notice the color differences and graininess. Kudos, random illegal recorder. Little things I noticed this time: Gandalf sent three eagles to Mount Doom. Three. He sent an eagle for Gollum. Sniff. Also, the increasing wound around Frodo's neck, and the idea that the weight of the ring is growing and just tearing him up. Sniff. And I can't believe I didn't realize this before, but just before the Rohirrim ride down onto the Pelennor Fields, when they give up the three shouts? They're shouting, "Death!" There is something so wonderfully barbaric about that, I love it. LOVE.

Um, that's all.

0 comments: