Remember how I said I wasn't going to get attached to Firefly? Yeah, didn't work. 'Cause it's awesome.
Laura and I are watching "Crush" the other day on FX, which is a really well-done Buffy episode, but after watching a lot of Firefly over the past two weeks, we just kind of looked at each other and said, "Not good." Because in comparison, it just wasn't. Firefly has great, great characters, wonderful actors, strong writing, fantastic effects and production design...it's totally the best TV show I've seen in the past five years. Seriously. I am really glad I didn't watch it while it was airing, because I would have been crushed when it was cancelled.
So, anyone who watched a Whedon show, watch Firefly. Everything good about Buffy and Angel is there, but without any of the inconsistencies in quality, female characters written so that you WILL like them, or amnesia about what happened the week before. And if you didn't care for Buffy or Angel, watch Firefly anyways. I honestly can't praise it enough.
And there's a movie coming out! Squee!
0 comments:
Post a Comment