I subscribe to the End Game philosophy, in that everything and everyone in the entire universe exists for a single purpose, to create one thing. Be it a person, an object, an idea, everything happens for a reason, and it's to get to the end game.
The end game is MST3K. It's the reason for everything. It's 42. World War II happened so we would have this show. Eric the Red traveled to Greenland so that many generations later, Mike Nelson would be born and would host MST3K. That first cell became multicellular knowing that eventually that action would lead to a robot that looks like a gun dispenser making fun of the knees of a guy named Torgo.
Yeah, essentially, two mad scientists want to rule the world, and the way to do that is to find the worst movie ever and unleash it onto the populace, so they kidnap a helpless dude (first Joel, then Mike) and put him in a satellite (the Satellite of Love), and make him watch bad movies, until they find the one that breaks him. Joel makes two robot buddies, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo, and they watch the bad movies with him, and they make fun of the badness, and it is hilarious and awesome. Seriously, I have never laughed harder at anything than I have at MST3K. I miss it ever so.
0 comments:
Post a Comment