I'm not quite sure who is posting this, since Shannon was BAKED TODAY INTO A CRISPY, CRISPY TREAT. It's too bad she didn't slather herself first with butter and herbs, and then she at least would have been tasty.
(In honor of cannibalism, I am using this frabjulous MST3K icon that Laura made. Ortega taco shells are made from people!)
It's certainly better than the alternative of not studying enough, but I always feel vaguely indignant when I overstudy for a test. I could have used that time! To...watch TV! Or read about spaceships! My archaeology class is pretty fun, and definitely interesting, but the workload of a summer class is unique. On the one hand, it's the only class I'm taking, so the actual amount of school-related work I'm doing each day is the same or less than during a regular semester, but because it's so concentrated on one topic, it feels like more work. It's only to the first week of July, though, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
I've been transcribing interviews at my ACL internship, which has been a new experience. (I've logged shots plenty of times, but never had to do actual word-for-word transcription. I have a new appreciation for the people who do closed-captioning.) The first artist was Scottish, so there was some intonation/accent oddness but it was pretty straightforward. The second artist was from Colombia, so I had a bit more trouble but he spoke very good English so I didn't get too messed up. Now, the artist is from South Africa, and there are times when I honest-to-gods cannot understand what he's saying.
But he more than makes up for that by telling the highly awesome story of his religious epiphany and how it affected his music. There was a piece of red string, and when he went to jump over it, it turned into a flame! And then Jesus told him to pray, and then the band started doing really well! So awesome.
0 comments:
Post a Comment