TV! First things first, remember when I posted that if Aaron got his own freeze-frame, name to the side, previously, that it would make my life? Remember? The life, she is made, and I don't know what else to do from now on. It was very exciting to get to watch that at home with the fam, but unfortunately it didn't occur to me while my mom was taping it that she would retain possession of the tape, so I am downloading a torrent of the finale now so's I can watch it again.
Was I the only person that liked the Will and Grace finale?
(I wish I could do bullets. It would make my lists neater.)
So, like always, it would be cool if the shows that I really liked got Emmy recognition, but I usually resign myself to the fact that it's never going to happen. Except that this year, SciFi is doing a ridiculous push for Battlestar Galactica, including taking out tons of ads in the trades, as well as putting a DVD in with the H'wood Reporter with the Pegasus/Resurrection Ships 1&2 (the best eps of the show) three-parter in their entirety, and sending out the entire second season on DVD for screeners. And there's another MT&R event, this time in NY, just a few days before the show picks up its Peabody Award. I'm allowing myself to get moderately yet vaguely hopeful, which is a short step up from generally pessimistic, as I want to wait and see what the coming month brings buzz-wise. It was heartening to see TV Guide put the show, Olmos and McDonnell on their dream ballot for this year, though (which is slightly tainted by the inclusion of Grey's Anatomy, but I have good selective reading).
Speaking of BSG, the track listing with samples went up for the season two soundtrack. Oh, "Allegro," you will be mine in a few short weeks.
Laura and I watched a fair bit of CSI S1 over the mini-break, and it's amazing how only six years ago, the cell phones were so much more gigantic and bulky. It's nice to know that all our R&D isn't going into space travel, or alternate fuels, or curing diseases, but instead into making cell phones increasingly tinier and crammed with more useless functions.
TV out.
0 comments:
Post a Comment