Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Every time I go home on break, I tell myself that I will continue to post, even though dialup is a plague and will destroy one's soul. And inevitably, when I go downstairs and get on the computer, and weigh the time it takes me to dialup, log on to Blogger, wait for it to publish, et cetera, against the time I could use instead to play a game, the game always wins out. And anyway, nothing exciting hardly ever happens at home. Honestly, the most exciting things that happened in the last two and a half weeks were cleaning up after the puppy. And that got old real quick.

But I'm not back in Austin a half hour that something interesting happens. I'm on the bus, and it's like the Voice of God, just out of nowhere, the sudden realization that I didn't actually check to make sure that my apartment keys were still in my backpack. And yea verily, they were not. Of course, when I got to my apartment complex, I just went into the office and picked up some spare keys, and it was no big deal, but that doesn't retroactively get rid of the 20 minutes of irrational and inexplicable panic before I made it to the complex. (Would the office be open, even though it normally doesn't close for another hour and a half? Would they have spares? What if they didn't? Repeat, ad nauseaum.)

And even that isn't that interesting a story. This is why I didn't post.

(Oh! Although my perfume showed up in Austin THE DAY that I flew home, and UT Laura was kind enough to pick it up for me and forward it on, and as is the nature of samples, a few of the scents were all right, one I didn't particularly care for, but two were fantastic and I am waiting for my loan to finish clearing before I order actual bottles. It was very exciting. Alas, Laura's didn't come in before I left, as fate is clearly fickle and capricious, and she is very sad, as am I, for I wanted to check out her samples before making another order. Ah well.)

(That's not that interesting, either.)

0 comments: