Monday, June 26, 2006

Whew, that was a long weekend. Saturday morning I got up at sunrise to put the babies back outside to see if mom-bird would come back and feed them, but she never did. She never even came back to the balcony, actually. They continued to eat for me, though, so I thought they had a good chance of making it. I took the bus up to Wildlife Rescue, which was a bit of an ordeal as it is on a more rural road so there was some trudging on the side of the road and such, but I finally delivered them. They said it's touch-and-go with birds this little, but I can call in at the end of this week to check on them. The woman working there did tell me that I had done everything right, so I'll just hope that they make it.

Note: Do not wear flip-flops if you don't know how long/on what surface you will be walking. Trust me.

Yesterday, I finally cleaned the balcony, which took two hours. One's eye is caught by the bird's nests and bird poo, and doesn't see the dirt and such of a year of being, well, outside, so it took awhile.

Note: If you have forgotten to put sunscreen on your face because you naively thought that a covered balcony would provide some refuge from the sun, and then you immediately get in the shower when you're done, don't wash your face with apricot scrub. Trust me.

When I finally got around to doing reading for class and writing a short paper, it felt like a lovely break.

0 comments: