Sunday, October 15, 2006

Today was a better day. I've written 13 pages so far, for two scripts, although I'd like to write a few more before the day is out. Yesterday was really frustrating; I just couldn't get scenes to gel, and wrote and deleted about five pages worth of material. I was really close to taking a "why, Tracy, why" shower. But, as always, the muse comes back eventually.

We were at Whole Foods on Friday, and in the produce section this guy was grilling pumpking, with butter and spices, and it was heavenly. So we bought a pie pumpkin with which to try. It didn't really work as well, so I mashed the cooked pumpkin up and am currently making bread. I think that'll it'll be really good, with homemade pumpkin. (Pumpking. OMG, fingers.)

So, these jackasses that live across from us threw a party Friday night. They came over and invited us before it started, and I asked how long they were planning to party. The guy, totally flustered, was like, oh, if it gets too loud, just come over to get me. Right. Because that always works out. The party starts at around 10pm, and it is SO LOUD. At midnight, they knock AGAIN, asking if they're too loud.

Me: Yes.
Them: Really?
Me: Yes. Can you simmer down?
Them: Um...*walks away*

I went to bed, and with my white noise machine and fan, was able to fall asleep without incident. UT Laura reported that the party broke up at 5am, and that she did poke her head out at 3am to ask them to be quiet, but that they were so drunk she was afraid. So yesterday, we wake up, and the breezeway is just filled with cigarette butts, styrofoam cups, and assorted other trash. I wait to see if they clean. Today, I finally go over and ask them to clean. Half an hour later, they knock and ask if it looks okay; I say thank you, and am sincere.

They seemed like nice guys, who just throw stupid loud parties, but who at least made an attempt to be considerate. Until I was going out to grill tonight, and saw that they had drawn a box around their front door on the concrete in marker, and wrote "No Trespassing" in the middle. Nice. So I don't know if that was sarcastic, or passive-agressive, or what. I'm really uncomfortable with these guys--who apparently just moved in?--living across from me. I'll have to keep a look-out, which is sad and probably way to paranoid, but I'm just not feeling good vibes right now.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Heh. That is the one advantage to my apartment building. They aren't big enough to have parties.

I'm glad the muse came back. Good luck with your pumpkin bread! Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

I actually kind of don't get the diss, even though I am fairly sure it is, in fact, a diss.
It just doesn't really make sense.

Shannon said...

I think they're saying that by asking them to pick up their trash that was in front of my door, I had put up a No Trespassing sign in front of my door. So they did the same.

Yeah, it makes no sense. I think they're dumb.

Anonymous said...

Man, that's LAME.

I am definitely pro-parties and understand them getting out of hang once in awhile, but there comes a time when you have to realize that some stuff just doesn't fly in the Real World. Like, not cleaning up trash in front of someone else's door for TWO DAYS.