Time for some new music! Laura and I discovered these bands because Richard Ayoade directed some of their music videos. I shall link to a few of those, as well as offer downloads of some of the songs. If anything particularly strikes your fancy, let me know; I have full albums.
First up, The Last Shadow Puppets. "Meeting Place," and "The Age of the Understatement." They remind me very much of British 60s music, especially The Buckinghams. They're also a very good band to listen to at the gym if you like to pretend, whilst you're on the treadmill, for instance, that you are running around in a James Bond movie.
Next, Super Furry Animals. They're harder to describe, as the album I have doesn't necessarily have a single cohesive tone. Sometimes they remind me of Ziggy Stardust-era Bowie, other times, the more extravagant bombast of The Moody Blues. Really fun stuff, though. Here's Ayoade's video for "Runaway," (with Matt Berry, whose very face makes me laugh), and links to "Battersey Odyssey," and "Let the Wolves Howl at the Moon."
Finally, Vampire Weekend. I accidentally brought over the same song as the video I'm going to link to, but all their stuff pretty much sounds like this. Which I like, so that's a good thing. "Oxford Comma," and the video to the same.
If you're unfamiliar with Ayoade and Berry, might I direct you to The IT Crowd. A few clips. "I wonder if it's loaded!"
2 comments:
I'm going to murder you...you bloody woman. HA. The IT Crowd is great. Bolivian Miguel got me into it a while back; I have the first season (or series, I guess) in my queue.
I seriously could listen to Richard Ayoade talk all day. I thought at first he was really putting that accent on, but apparently that's just how he talks.
Post a Comment