I want to do some art. I don't know which medium, I'd have to dig through my college stuff to see what paper/supplies I have, and I don't know what I want to draw or paint. I just feel like doing something.
The vaguest entry ever! "I feel like doing something." Yep.
We went out for my mom's birthday last night to an Irish pub. It was really good food - we had curry and chips as an appetizer, then I had a corned beef and braised cabbage boxty with mustard tarragon sauce (after one bite I announced to the table I'd need another bite to be sure, but it was probably the most delicious thing I'd ever eaten), a scone with honey butter, a Guinness, and fried bread pudding. Sarah's a pretty big Anglophile, so she was just in heaven. Our host was in his 40s or early 50s, about six-four and maybe 150 pounds, wearing a tweed suit with slicked-down hair and a John Waters mustache. He had a very delicate, upper-crusty accent and was quiet and very nice. I caught Sarah gazing at him once or twice, her head in her hands; I asked if she was in love. Without a shred of irony, she answered, "Yes."
Marshall didn't go as he had already made plans to visit his girlfriend in Lawrence and couldn't postpone or cancel for his own mother's birthday. My mom shrugged her shoulders, but also vowed darkly that she would not forget.
Holly, where are you in BSG? I was going to put some stuff up for fun but it would be kind of silly it you'd already watched the episodes. I thought you might enjoy the first season soundtrack, though.
8 comments:
Ooh, I didn't know you did art! Would you be up for sharing pictures of some of your stuff sometime?
I'm two episodes into season 2. And I know Roslin and Adama get together eventually, but I really can't imagine the whole Adama staging a coup and having Roslin thrown in the brig thing not throwing a bit of a cramp into things. At any rate, the've dealt with the crash-entry centurions, the doctor hasn't shown up yet, and I believe they're still dealing with the network virus. I'm going to watch another episode tonight. :)
Ha, it's a good thing I didn't put up pub stills of Kobol's Last Gleaming, which was my plan.
I haven't done any art since college. I will take some pics of my old stuff, though. Note: I'm not very good.
Heh, stills of episodes I've already seen would actually still be pretty sweet. :) And OMG PS THANK YOU FOR THE SOUNDTRACK!!!1! Forgot to mention that first time around. ;)
And fun is the most important part of art, because seriously, it is fun.
Aw, I'm glad you guys are friends. :) And thanks to Shannon, I have all four seasons worth of soundtracks. Yaaaaay.
Hey Shannon, do you have track two (Main Title, US version) from the soundtrack? It didn't download, and I wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not.
(Loving it, by the way.)
Huh. I was like, I zipped the whole soundtrack! How would it not be there? But I went to look for it and I don't have a track two for that one. Weird. Anyway, the US main theme is in my S2 soundtrack, so I'll zip that one up here in the next few days. I don't know why it's like that. (This is what happens when you...procure certain things. Although I did buy the soundtracks for seasons 3 and 4, jsyk.)
Lol, gotcha! I figured it was something like that, and I was actually going to just download it myself, but itunes doesn't have the s1 soundtrack, and amazon doesn't have a downloadable version. And it's pwetty!
Post a Comment