Happiness! All the sound from the test shoot came back and it works. It's a little low because we used a back up mike, but it's definitely useable. We figured out that the reason the boom microphone wasn't working was an internal switch in the mixer that was toggled incorrectly. So that was cool. This weekend is the first weekend of principal photography; we're shooting at a comedy club and at a birthday party. So far everything's been going well. Except...stupid cinema administration! The class I'm taking is a graduate level course, and I had to fill out a petition to be able to register for it. It's just paperwork that has to go through, and there was never any question of being denied, but in the meantime to secure units and financial aid I'm registered for classes I'm not taking. I turned in the petition the first day of class, January 13. They told us to check back at the end of the week. No, still not finished, check back on Wednesday. So yesterday during the break I go to check. And it's still not done.
Student Affairs: [Faculty Member] still has the petition, we're waiting for her signature.
Me: [Faculty Member] is one of my professors! She knows me!
Student Affairs: Yeah. What's up with that?
So I go to the professor, and ask her about the petition. She's all, right. Let's go get that signed right now. So I follow her up to her office where the many petitions she has are just laying on her desk. Apparently she'd had them since the 13th, and hadn't done anything with them. She signs them, and I accompany her down to Student Affairs again, because I'm thinking that I just need the go-ahead to register. Well, turns out they need signatures of the Provost and the Dean, too. So, very close to having a freakout, I tell everyone in a twenty foot radius, "This has to be done by January 30th! That is the last drop-add day! I am not getting extra fees put on my account because no one can get things done!"
Anyway. I can't believe next week is the end of January. Spring semester always goes by so fast. Although since I'm actually enjoying class this semester (and it's sad the damage to my psyche last semester and the Horror That Was Ashley have done), I'm not really counting down the days yet. I am counting down the days, however, until the next episode of 24. I can't believe it's just been one week without it; this summer hiatus is going to kill me.
Caroline! You're in France. That's so cute. I sent you a little something, so be on the lookout, okay?
Edited to add that I recommended (not linked to, alas) a new song on the left. Check it out, yo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment