Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Stupid State of the Union address. I want to watch 24 tonight! Ahem...

Roommate issues and the leftover, for lack of a better word, administration stuff from last semester notwithstanding, so far this semester has rocked it, and rocked it hard. We had our first weekend of principal photography and it went really, really well. Everything sounded great, and I'm very much enjoying working on a crew. As interesting as it was to tackle all the major roles and, for all intents and purposes, be the sole author of a film, it's so nerve-wracking to the point of no longer being enjoyable. Being on a crew makes it much simpler; you can just focus on one task while being confident that everyone else will get their job done. This has been a great experience thus far.

I really want to see Chicago, now. Several people whose film opinions I respect and usually agree with have told me it was just fantastic. They even quelled my fears regarding The Gere. Unfortunately, without an automobile and without the necessary amount of drive to face the bus, I don't have much way to get to see the film. So, unless someone has a get-together or decides to do a movie thing, I probably won't get to see it till it comes out on video. Bah.

I left my sponge curlers at home after the break, so my hair's been weird lately, since I've been blow drying it straight yet inevitably it does some odd flippy thing anyway. So last night I had the brilliant idea to twist my hair into little buns and secure them with bobby pins, and then sleep on it. Yeah. I woke up this morning and was actually horrified by my hair. I couldn't look at it. I brushed it in the other room, too frightened to face that image in the mirror again. I was finally able to subdue it enough to brave the outside world, but damn. You'd think I would learn to not do hair experiments anymore.

0 comments: