Saturday, January 18, 2003

We had our first test shoot today, and it was good. Well, at first, it was scary. Our shotgun microphone for the boom wasn't sending a signal, so we had to jury rig a dynamic mike (the ones that tv people use when interviewing) into the boom. Hopefully it worked okay, although it sounded good on set. We had a fun time, although it sometimes was difficult since me, Colin, and the camera operator were all tethered together because we're recording sound in camera. So at times it was this almost ballet-like choreography going on. Quite amusing for a spectator, I'm sure.

I'm usually quite enthused for major award shows like the Golden Globes, which will be on tomorrow. However, this year I don't really care all that much, since I know The Two Towers won't be taking home the big prizes, even though it should. Stupid Hollywood anti-fantasy/SF bias. I'm sure The Hours will win a lot, even though (and I say this not having seen it) it's all stupid and girl-movie and weepy and "blah blah bliddy blah, I'm so meaningful, give me an award." And now that I've seen TTT three times, I have to say, if Andy Serkis doesn't get at least nominated, I will spit at the Academy. Computer generated my ass, Gollum is Serkis.

0 comments: