Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I don't know what to do, guys. I tried to watch "Conduit" today, on the first XFS1 DVD, and it wouldn't play. Three different programs on two different computers and on a regular DVD player connected to a TV. It hits chapter four and just skips and jitters. Should I return the whole set, or just live with it? I'm going to see if any other episodes do it this weekend, if I have time, although I hadn't really planned on watching the whole season in two weeks. I suppose if it's just that one episode, and just in the middle, I'll keep the set and deal with it, but if it's more than one episode...

I don't understand why it would do that. The set came sealed up and everything, and when I look at the back of the disc, it looks pristine. Will FOX replace a single, malfunctioning disc, or would one have to have a receipt or such? I don't know they'd put out the expense for something I bought off of eBay.

We had our first in-school performance today. It went well, although the paint was still drying on the set. There is one thing I know for sure: I have no (0) mechanical intelligence. I worried a screw trying to attach a chair rail until the screw was hot to touch, but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go in for, like, five minutes, when it finally dawned on me that I had the screwdriver in reverse. Anyways, I'm glad the play is over. It was a large time commitment, and I didn't get a lot of support from the administration there, so it was often frustrating and occasionally infuriating. Which, I suppose, is good practice if I decide to continue in filmmaking, of course.

0 comments: