Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I don't understand how people can eat food that clearly does not smell good. I had to light my weekly candle of Dispelling the Smell of the Weekly Stew Cooking. Bah.

Anyways, I got my Greek Myth midterm back today, where I missed a half a point because I didn't identify Aphrodite in an answer. Which I should have, and it was a legitimate mark, but seriously, if I know who the Dioscuri are, if I know who Danaus is, etc., then it probably stands to reason that I know who Aphrodite is. But it's okay; I'd have to get a C on the final to not get an A in the class, so I'm feeling pretty okay about it. And I finished Lost! Huzzah! So I just need to do a revision, and I'll probably enter it in the Austin Film Festival, so good times.

Now I'm just working to finish a first draft on my screenplay, which is going okay; I'm still not happy with the progression of events into the third act, and I'm feeling like my protagonist isn't active enough, but I don't know what to do to change it. At some point, there's such an inertia and momentum from what came before that it's hard to change things, so I'll probably have to wait until the revision to work out these issues. But I'm enjoying writing a lot this year; I feel like I'm coming to a far better understanding of plot and structure than I had at USC, and being as how that's my biggest weakness as a writer, it's encouraging.

0 comments: