Thursday, October 26, 2006

Last night we had our big pitch session to interested students for the film lab class. We pitched our scripts, which is a very difficult thing to do well; how do you sum up a movie in three minutes, make it interesting, hook them in, but not give everything away? They're casting next week for the readings, and our first rehearsal is next weekend, so the ball is rolling towards the end of the semester.

Speaking of the script, I wrote through the end of the film. The draft isn't done; I still need to go back and plant things that came up throughout the course of writing, and polish, and make sure all my necessary beats are there, etc. I have another week, so it shouldn't be a problem getting it in on time. I'm just glad this isn't going to be down to the wire like draft two.

Interesting bout of sleep paraylsis last night. I haven't had an old school hallucination in a while: wake up, on my side facing out into the room. I feel someone pressing their hands into the mattress right in front of my face, like they're leaning over me. And then it sounds like my alarm clock is going off, but instead of music or beeping, it's this deeply screwed up, loud grating sound. It was very strange. It's been awhile since the hallucination scared me, but that did the trick.

Sometimes I wonder if my day just wouldn't be complete if I didn't rub a contact up underneath my eyelid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did they respond to your pitch? That sounds interesting. And yay for an end being in sight!

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I remember the contact incident. :p

Shannon said...

Well, we hung around afterwards, this reception thing, but the writers pretty much hung out together, and various groups of people mingled amongst themselves. I don't think anyone actually came up to talk to a writer, although the educational liason of the program said she gave out lots of cards.

We'll see how well we did when we get to the readings, and when the students pitch to be in the spring semester.

Anonymous said...

Oh, word on the contacts. I do it every day with my left one, every single day.