Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's been nice, doing the workshop thing, continuing to write scenes here and there, because usually when I finish a script I'm like...but what do I do now? How will I spend my afternoons? What do I think about in the shower? It's kind of disconcerting.

Nice weather today! Very exciting. I was going to sit and read outside, except that I read all day at work, and I need to take a break so my eyes don't explode.

Sarah and I bought this pattern yesterday, although both of us have blankets to finish before we start on a new one (speaking of which, Sarah wants me to ask you all if any of you would like to commission a blanket, hee).



Although I'm going to go for a more sedate color palette, I think.

5 comments:

Caro said...

Oh my GOD, that's awesome. I would LOVE to commission a blanket. What does Sarah charge? :)

Shannon said...

I've been looking at the prices on Etsy, and blankets are actually pretty cheap. A lap blanket that's around three to four foot square is usually between 25 and 50 dollars, depending on the complexity, and a full-sized afghan to cover the bed is around 50 to 80 or so. But that's people who are trying to turn a profit on it, too. I told Sarah that doubling the price of the yarn is probably plenty to charge. That particular blanket calls for 17 skeins of yarn, which are $2-3 for the cheapest kind, and $4-5 for nicer, softer yarn. Of course, you can use less colors, since I don't think the pattern uses up each skein, if you don't want it to be so bright.

Alyssa said...

Oh, I will totally commission a blanket! I LOVE that pattern, but definitely would prefer a more sedate color palette.

Shannon said...

I'm doing the border on a full-sized afghan right now, and then I, too, will be open for commissions. Hee.

Which for me is actually less about trying to make money, and more about the fact that I like making blankets, but I already have three? And I don't really need anymore.

Shannon said...

Whoops, hit post too fast. By which I mean to say, I'd pretty much only charge for the yarn and the shipping. Because even with a more sedate palette, that's a lot of yarn.