Saturday, June 20, 2009

Icons! A bit more diverse a set than my last few; still a lot of Star Trek, but also some Terminator, a few assorted other shows, along with various actors. I experimented a bit with colors on some of these, and tried to wean myself off of just slapping a light texture on top of everything.

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

7. 8. 9.

10. 11. 12.

13. 14. 15.

16. 17. 18.

19. 20. 21.

22. 23. 24.

25. 26. 27.

My favorites are 2, 10, 18 and 27. I think it's interesting that I generally prefer to icon women; I don't really know why that is, but it's something I've started to notice. Heh, and now all I can hear is Starbuck. "That's fascinating...you should write a paper."

7 comments:

Caro said...

Cool Dexter one!

Shannon said...

I had a really great cap of Deb, lit through slats, very dramatic, but it just didn't work as an icon at all. It's odd, what moments in a show are really interesting and visually cool, but just cannot be distilled down to 100x100 pixels.

Catherine said...

Ooooh. Pretty. I agree, the female icons tends to be more visually striking. My friend Holly - who reads your blog sometimes because watches TNG now and really likes the icons, but hesitates to comment, hee - once said that she preferred to draw women. I wonder why that is.

Holly said...

Women are more beautiful, regardless of which gender you're physically attracted to. Any artist would back me up--I'm not the only one to have said it.

I let out a tiny squee of glee when I saw you'd posted more icons.

*squee.*

Sorta like that.

Shannon said...

Yeah, I can see that. Fineness of facial features, maybe. It was definitely one of those things where I looked at this last batch in toto and was just kind of like, huh. I have girlcrushes all the time, that kind of boil down to, "Girl pretty; me like to look at." As I'm straight, they're always very different from boycrushes, where it's like, "I wonder what it would be like to be married to Adam Baldwin." I had just never really thought about it, heh.

Holly said...

I know exactly what you mean- I get those all the time.

Girl crush: "Shoooooooo pwetty!"

Boy crush: "Yum! I can has?"

My mother really doesn't get this... I think she thinks I'm a bit weird.

Alyssa said...

I totally forgot blogs existed for about a week and a half or so, LOL, so only just saw these. They look really good.

(I agree that icons of women are more visually striking. Also, that women in general are more visually appealing, LOL.)