Meta Data 2009.
Number of Books...
...that were fiction: 38/51 (75%)
...that were non-fiction: 13/51 (25%)
...that were graphic novels: 8/51 (16%)
...that were part of a series: 17/51 (33%)
...that were about Ancient Rome: 9/51 (18%)
...that took place during the Napoleonic Wars: 3/51 (6%)
...that were SF: 9/51 (18%)
...that were fantasy: 5/51 (10%)
...that were horror: 12/51 (24%)
...that were horror and about vampires: 9/51 (18%)
...that were either SF, set in Ancient Rome, or were about vampires: 27/51 (53%)
Number of Movies...
...that I saw in the theater: 10/70 (14%)
...that I saw on DVD or VHS: 60/70 (86%)
...that were narrative: 62/70 (89%)
...that were documentaries: 8/70 (11%)
...that came out this year: 15/70 (21%)
...that came out in 2008: 16/70 (23%)
...that came out between 2000-2007: 11/70 (16%)
...that came out this past decade: 42/70 (60%)
...that came out in the 90s: 4/70 (6%)
...that came out in the 80s: 3/70 (4%)
...that came out in the 70s: 7/70 (10%)
...that came out in the 60s: 3/70 (4%)
...that came out in the 50s: 5/70 (7%)
...that came out in the 40s: 4/70 (6%)
...that came out in the 20s or 30s: 2/70 (3%)
...that were comedies: 10/70 (14%)
...that were dramas: 27/70 (39%)
...that were SF/fantasy/horror: 20/70 (29%)
This was more for my own purposes than anything else. I was curious how my entertainment choices broke down. I was surprised by the fact that I watched more straight-forward dramas than I did genre films, that more than half the books I read were in one of three categories, and that I only went to see ten movies in the theater, which is less than one a month.
4 comments:
I absolutely love that Ancient Rome, the Napoleonic Wars, and vampires get their own categories.
Haha, well, it occurred to me as I was going through counting fiction vs. non-fiction that I had read a lot of books about Rome, and that made me think about what other categories I could come up with. I think three books set during the Napoleonic wars in a single year is a lot!
I thought about additional categories like: about medieval times, or about polygamy, but those only had a couple books each and I didn't want to get too ridiculous. More ridiculous, even.
Eee, I still have to put up my December stuff and start my meta. But I'm only going to meta the TV. I really don't think there's any interesting patterns in the books, and I *know* there aren't any in the movies.
I was going to meta the TV today, and then I was like, HAHA it just took me 45 minutes to count up book and movies and I have 500 episodes of TV NO LOL.
My only interesting pattern in movies, really, is that I thought I'd watched more docs than I had.
Post a Comment